Google Maps rolls out The feature will allow commuters who are new to the locations or unfamiliar with routes to have a more accurate estimation of their journeys
Google Maps has introduced an impressive new feature which allows commuters in Bangladesh to access public transport information.
The feature, titled “Google Transit,” will show routes, stops, and estimated travel times to assist commuters in planning their journeys using public transportation starting Thursday.
With Google Transit, commuters who are new to the locations or unfamiliar with routes can have a more accurate estimation of their journeys.
The app user interface (UI) and functionality also remain simplistic. For example, if you had to travel from the National Parliament House to the Lalbagh Fort, you would simply have to type in the two locations. Google Transit will then instantly provide walking directions to the nearest bus stop, details of which bus to take, stops along the route, estimated journey duration, and fares.
User interface(UI) of Google Maps new feature Google Transit | Collected
Users can access public transport directions using the simple steps:
1. Open Google Maps app on Android or iOS device
2. Enter destination and tap the “Directions” icon or tap the “Go” icon and enter the “Source” and “Destination” locations
3. Tap the “transit” icon (if it is not already selected) to view route and stop information
4. Tap a recommended route to view more information on the route’s stoppages; and
5. Tap any bus-stop to see a list of scheduled buses and their destinations